Intermediate/Senior Software Engineer for S3D Video Development
Spatial View is one of the companies at the forefront of developing and deploying stereoscopic and auto-stereoscopic 3D technologies, applications and content.
If you want to challenge your knowledge and skills, be at the leading edge of entertainment, and be part of a dynamic development team, then this is a position for you.
Reporting to the Director of Research and Development you will be part of Spatial View's software development team in Toronto.
- Development of technical specifications and implementation plans
- Responsibility for the timely delivery of projects
- Writing of code based on a functional specifications, code debugging, testing and code maintenance.
- Design and develop a platform independent 3DS video streaming application (Windows/Linux/Max)
- Communicate with the application team on related features in current/future products
- Meet project deadlines/deliverables
- Resolve quality and certification issues
- Design and develop test applications and quality assurance programs
- Active participation and contribution in code and design reviews
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years of working experience in C and C++
- Experience on Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of DirectShow, DirectX-VA(DXVA), XvMC, Direct3D, Windows Media Foundation, Microsoft COM, RTP, RTSP, H264, MPEG4
- Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
- Strong engineering communication skills, active team member
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Optional: Knowledge of Qt development framework
- Optional: Knowledge of MacOS, embedded OSs
- Optional: Experience in video processing
- Optional: Knowledge of Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D technologies
- Optional: Knowledge of Stereoscopic and auto-stereoscopic technologies
- Optional: Knowledge of OpenGL, CUDA, OpenCL
- Required: University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Optional: Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Bachelor degree with 5+ years or Master with 3+ years of software development experience
Please apply with resume and cover letter as one document to email@example.com, using subject line "s3dviddev - Your Name".
As an equal opportunity employer, Spatial View is committed to providing equal opportunities to candidates and employees, regardless of age, gender, disability, visible minority status, Native status, marital status, cultural or national background, religion, or sexual orientation. All candidates are encouraged to apply with confidence.
Please note that while we appreciate all expressions of interest, we can only respond to those candidates who will be interviewed.